Yay! The fabric I designed to add a little personalization to Matt and Christian's quilt is finally here.
Spoonflower is a new company that prints custom fabric of all kinds, on a variety of types of cloth - everything from quilting cotton to decorator-weight stock you'd use for upholstery or curtains. All you need is a Photoshop file and a dream!
I've been a bit obsessed with hexagons lately, but couldn't find any good hexagon prints online or in the local haberdasheries. And so...on to Spoonflower, for some hexagonal magic.
I hope the boys like it....look for it in the finished quilt!
PS In the background you'll see some recent purchases and a few samples from my upstairs neighbor Charlotte's excellent fabric stash. In addition to being an amazing photographer - you can see here work here - Charlotte's very generous. When she heard about the project she left a giant envelope full of beautiful Liberty prints (and some other assorted goodies) on the front step. Thanks, Charlotte!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.